Always Free Admission!
Victor Gonzalez, and his family welcome you to Victor’s Lavender Festival, July 15, 16, 17 in Sequim, Washington at Victor’s Lavender. One of Sequim’s oldest and most important lavender locations with over 4,000 plants including more than 37 varieties designed by this world-famous lavender grower and farmer.
Fri/Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 9am-5pm
Festival Central – Victor’s original farm, a mile west on Old Olympic Hwy is open with all festival activities in one place.
Join Victor and guests for special workshops plus live music, great food from Bella Italia in Port Angeles, expert lavender knowledge, handmade products, and more!
Maribel’s Family Recipe Tamale’s
Uli’s Lavender Brats
WINE AND BEER GARDEN
The ultimate relaxation — a glass of wine, beer, lavender lemonade and other beverages, savoring the aromatic scent of lavender, enjoying the farm atmosphere and listening to great music — heaven at Victor’s!
Beverages include Lavender Lemonade, Finn River Blackberry-Lavender Cider, Lavender Black Currant Champagne Cocktail Beer on Tap, and more.
FREE FESTIVAL ADMISSION. Extended hours 9am-6pm. Pet Friendly
PLANTS FOR SALE
We have thousands of plants for sale – more than 20 varieties in fabulous colors. As one of the largest plant propagators in North America, we have the choice and selection you desire. And if you want fresh-cut lavender, you can cut it in the fields, or we will cut if for you.
Gather and cut your own lavender! (And get lavender cookies, ice cream, and lemonade). U-Cut $8 bundle.
Victor will be giving workshops on Friday and Saturday. This is a great opportunity to meet one of North America’s foremost lavender experts. Along with Victor’s workshops, Susan Harrington of Labyrinth Hill Lavender will also be presenting. Do you want to start a lavender farm? This is where to begin. Victor’s Lavender Farm has helped more than 400 farms throughout North America and in other countries, including Morocco and Mexico.
LAVENDER EXPERTS HELP YOU OUT
We have lavender experts on hand throughout the weekend to answer all of your questions — real-time with real experts. There is no one in the valley who has this much knowledge and experience. Victor is the last remaining of the original Sequim lavender farmers.
Maribel Gonzalez manages a fantastic line of lavender-based products made on the farm. Specializing in sought-after goat milk lotions and spectacular hand-made goat’s milk soap, our products feature year-round skincare.
FREE LAVENDER WORKSHOPS
All courses are subject to change
Friday, July 15
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. — Victor Gonzalez: Pests, diseases, fertilization
- 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. — Susan Harrington: Lavender is more than a color
- 3:30 to 5pm p.m. — Victor Gonzalez: Pests, diseases, fertilization
Saturday, July 16
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Victor Gonzalez: Pests, diseases, fertilization
- 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. — Susan Harrington: Lavender is more than a color
- 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Victor Gonzalez: Pests, diseases, fertilization
- 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Susan Harrington: Lavender is more than a color
LAVENDER OIL DISTILLATION
Throughout the weekend will feature demonstrations of the oil distillation process.
- Friday July 15 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday July 16 10:30 a.m.- 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Make a Lavender Wreath Class
Wreath Class at the Victor’s Lavender Festival with
Christian Gonzalez. Cost $25, includes supplies to make your own wreath. Limit 30
- Friday July 15 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – join anytime.
- Saturday July 16 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – join anytime.
Register online or on-site
Christian Gonzalez (son of Victor and Maribel) will be sharing his wreath-making skills. You can make your own lavender wreath throughout the weekend, under Christian’s guidance. We provide all the supplies including freshly cut lavender from Victor’s fields — or you can cut your own.
We also have freshly made wreaths for purchase.
SOAPMAKING WITH SARAH JONES
- Friday July 15 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday July 16 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Cost $25 includes making your own bar of soap. Limit 10
Register online or on-site
Sarah Jones is a successful chef and soap maker from California and is spending the summer working with Victor’s Lavender. Sarah has taught many successful soap-making classes at lavender farms, wineries, retail stores, and individually. The classes are fun filled, hands on with step-by-step instructions on how to make cold press soap safely at home. Classes include Sarah’s kitchen wisdom, tricks of the trade, a sample bar of Sarah’s soap, and a take-home recipe.
MUSIC AND DANCE
Friday, July 15
- 3-5pm Chez Jazz with Sarah Shea
- An upbeat Jazz/Funk/Classics fusion band playing for many years in the Northwest
- 7-10pm Barn Dance with The Backwoods Hucksters FREE ADMISSION!
Food and beverages including Maribel’s Tamales, Lavender Sausages, and more
Plus wine, beer, hard cider, and more
The Backwoods Hucksters bring an updated take on the music of the Appalachian Mountains, including bluegrass and old-time stringband music, plus the African-influenced country blues of the American South. Incorporating the psychedelic dance-band sound of the Grateful Dead, and throwing in a little rock-n-roll, we call our music ˜Mountain Blues™. The Hucksters offer three-part harmonies, anchored by a solid rhythm section of Cort Armstrong on resonator guitar, Paul Stehr-Green on bass, and Adam Amr on drums, and featuring leads by Sean Divine (harmonica) and Joey Gish (fiddle).
Saturday July 16
- 3-5pm Deadwood Revival
- Deadwood Revival is a harmony-rich rootsy duo featuring husband and wife team Jason Mogi and Kim Trenerry (the well-known Kim and Jason of Joy in Mudville). Their magnificent vocal blend, rock-solid musicianship, and undeniable energy are the result of 20 plus years of playing music together.
- 7-10 p.m. Soulshakers
- The Soulshakers are a five-piece band playing classic and contemporary blues covers and originals. From Howlin’ Wolf to Marcia Ball to Big Joe Turner and The Fabulous Thunderbirds. It’s all set to a beat that makes you want to get up and dance.
Your dogs are welcome on the farm if they are on a leash. Please clean up after your dogs.